Carlsbad, CA — The Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce announced the Education finalists for the 2021 Carlsbad Business Achievement & Distinction Awards. Winners will be announced at the Carlsbad Business Achievement & Distinction (CBAD) Awards Luncheon: Resilience on Thursday, October 14, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa.
“The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other for educators. We are excited to showcase those resilient teachers and administrators that continued to make an impact in students’ lives despite the challenges of form and format that they faced,” said President and CEO of the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce, Bret Schanzenbach. “We look forward to celebrating these great achievements along with our businesses and nonprofits.”
Below is the full list of Educational Finalists:
Administrator of the Year:
- Jennifer Bond, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Encinitas Union School District
- Bryan Brockett, Principal, Carlsbad High School
- Leo Fletes, Assistant Principal, La Costa Canyon High School
Elementary Teacher of the Year:
- Diane Kriskey, El Camino Creek Elementary School
- Arlene Oyagi, La Costa Heights Elementary School
- Peggy Parrish, Kelly Elementary School
- Megan Smith, Pacific Rim Elementary School
- Sierra Thernes, Calavera Hills Elementary School
Secondary Teacher of the Year:
- Bethany Murphy, Valley Middle School
- Paul Backus, Audeo Charter School II
- Carol King, Carlsbad High School
- Elizabeth Marshall, La Costa Canyon High School
- Valerie Park, Sage Creek High School
The event will include a keynote address by the President/General Manager of LEGOLAND California Resort, Kurt Stocks.
Ticket prices to be a part of this celebration are $95 for members, $145 for general public and $1000 for a sponsored table of eight. Other event sponsorship opportunities are available.
Go to www.carlsbad.org/cbad-awards-2021 to purchase your tickets.
Presenting Sponsors for the #2020CBADAwards include Grand Pacific Resorts, Tri-City Medical Center and Wells Fargo.
About the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce
The Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce is the largest chamber in north San Diego County with over 1,100 members. The Carlsbad Chamber acts as a regional economic catalyst, leadership convener and community champion. The Mission of the Carlsbad Chamber is to promote business through member services, economic and community development, and public policy that balances economic prosperity with quality of life. For further information about the chamber, please contact (760) 931-8400, or visit the website at www.carlsbad.org.