Maribeth: I work out three days a week and like to do the Elliptical for about 45 minutes then some weights and abs after. I also eat fairly healthy, but I just seem to stay the same. I feel like I’m committed and working out hard, but I’m getting really frustrated. What do you think is the best type of cardio I could try to switch to get better results?
Megan: Hey Maribeth, I’m a huge fan of interval training that spikes the heart rate up and down for a big calorie and fat blast. Have you ever tried Tabata?
All you need is a stopwatch….
- 1. 20 seconds of Jumping Jacks, 10 seconds jog in place repeat 10x = 5 minute series
- 2. 20 seconds of Burpees, 10 seconds of jog in place repeat 10x =5 minute series
- 3. 20 seconds of Sit ups, 10 seconds of crunches repeat 10x = 5 minute series
- 4. 20 seconds of Squat Jumps, 10 seconds of jog in place repeat 10x = 5 minute series
- 5. 20 seconds of Ice Skaters, 10 seconds of jog in place repeat 10x = 5 minute series
- 6. 20 seconds of Mountain Climbers, 10 seconds of jog in place repeat 10x = 5 minutes series
*Be sure to properly warm up
*There are modifications for all these exercises including marching in place for the jog:
- 1. Step touch for Jumping Jacks
- 2. Use a chair for higher surface for Burpees
- 3. Plank instead of Sit ups
- 4. No jump on the Squat
- 5. We can all Skate
- 6. Use a chair for higher surface for Mountain Climbers
*Short on time just pick a couple of the series to perform
*For toning add light dumbbells to all exercises If you have a question you would like answered email Megan at [email protected] and be sure to check out her website www.everybodysfitoceanside.com (760)201-6784