All Carlsbad City Library locations closed on Monday, Oct. 11.
In observance of Columbus Day, all Carlsbad City Library locations will be closed on Monday, Oct. 11.
Special Note: A System update will be taking place during this closure. The system outage will impact the library catalog, eResources and My Account. Thank you for your patience.
Save the Date: A Live and In-Person Adventure with Annabelle Gurwitch
Dove Library Schulman Auditorium Saturday, Dec. 4, 2 p.m., free
Join us in-person in the Schulman Auditorium at the Dove Library in partnership with Adventures by the Book for a discussion with actress and author Annabelle Gurwitch. Check out some of her books before the event. Hope to see you there.
Virtual genealogy events
Join us for free genealogy webinars presented in partnership with the North San Diego County Genealogical Society. Learn more about our free genealogy programs and resources available from home.
Tuesday, Oct. 12, 10 to 11:30 a.m., free Virtual Intermediate Genealogy The Age of Immigration: Part II
Join Tom Cousineau for another in-depth look at immigration. Explore how ethnic immigration patterns, immigration ports, immigration laws and the evolution of ships and passenger manifest documents shapes genealogical research. Register here.
Saturday, Oct. 16, 1 to 2:30 p.m., free Virtual DIG: DNA Interest Group Combining DNA & Traditional Research: Scottish Case Studies
Scottish genetic genealogist Michelle Leonard will present several different Scottish case studies that demonstrate what can be achieved when you combine long-established research methodologies with DNA test result analysis. While the case studies will be Scottish in nature, the techniques employed are universal and can be applied to your own DNA research. Register here.
Rewatch The Sopranos before you watch The Many Saints of Newark
Before you watch the prequel movie about America’s favorite mob boss, visit your favorite Carlsbad City Library location to watch the original television series and get the story of how it all started.
- The Sopranos seasons one through six
- The Soprano Sessions by Matt Zoller Seitz and Alan Sepinwall
- The Sopranos soundtrack
- Difficult Men: Behind the Scenes of a Creative Revolution: From the Sopranos and the Wire to Mad Men and Breaking Bad by Brett Martin
- Off the Back of a Truck: Unofficial Contraband for the Sopranos Fan by Nick Braccia
- I like to Watch: Arguing My Way Through the TV Revolution by Emily Nussbaum
For the James Bond fan
The 25th film in the 007 franchise, No Time to Die, is coming to theaters on Oct. 8. Before you watch the film, visit the Carlsbad City Library online or in-person to check out music, books and films focusing on one of the most prominent characters in movie history.
- No Time to Die soundtrack
- James Bond films starring Daniel Craig
- James Bond Movie Encyclopedia by Steven Jay Rubin
- Ian Fleming by Andrew Lycett
- Nobody Does It Better: The Complete, Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of James Bond by Mark A. Altman
- The Many Lives of James Bond: How the Creators of 007 Have Decoded the Super Spy by Mark Edlitz
- The Man with the Golden Typewriter: Ian Fleming’s James Bond Letters by Ian Fleming
NoveList for the book lover
Do you love books? Visit the NoveList database for book recommendations as well as reviews, book group discussion topics, award winners, children’s books and more. After you check out NoveList, visit the eResources webpage to discover all the virtual resources that your Carlsbad City Library gives you access to.
We’re here to help
We’re available to answer your questions over the phone, through our chat service or by email during normal library hours.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat with us.
- Para ayuda en español 760-931-4500 o email@example.com
All Carlsbad City Library location hours
Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m .Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
City of Carlsbad | 1200 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008