Vista, CA — The City is encouraging residents to get involved and make a difference in their community by applying for open positions on City Commission/Committee/Board seats with terms expiring on March 31, 2019. Terms will start April 1 and typically last four years.
Expected openings are on the following:
- Community Safety Commission
- Investment Advisory Committee
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Public Arts Commission
- Sales Tax Oversight Committee
- Senior Citizens Affairs Commission
- Traffic Commission
- Central Vista Business Improvement District
In accordance with City Council Policies, the Mayor and City Council Members from District 1 and 4 will be making the recommendations for appointments. Recommendations from Districts 2 and 3 will be made in subsequent years.
Application and Deadline for Submittal
- Incumbents application deadline: January 31, 2019
- New applicant deadline: February 10, 2019
- City Commission application
Qualifications for Committee/Commission
- Resident of the City of Vista
- 18 years of age
Information on the Volunteer Positions
- Please visit the City’s City Commissions, Committees, & Boards webpage for more information about each of these bodies and the applicant requirements.
Kathy Valdez City Clerk -760.643.5320 -E: [email protected]