Please find Coaches note below regarding Summer Camp.
Prior to stepping on the field Monday you will need to have signed up for Tomahawk Camp via www.fallbrookfootall.com.
I want to be as direct and as informative as I can. Based on the communication I received yesterday we will proceed with conditioning and agility practice next week at Rainbow Park. THERE WILL BE NO FOOTBALL RELATED ACTIVITIES, DRILLS OR USE OF A FOOTBALL OF ANY KIND. No student-athlete should bring a ball with them as we will not allow any work with a ball prior to, or after the workout.
- We will go through “Phase 1” as recommended by the NFHS guidelines starting July 6th at 5:00 p.m.
- We will go Monday – Wednesday – Friday only during the first two weeks
- We will go for one hour only!!!!
- We will be in PODS of no more than 12 athletes
- This will last until July 20th, 2020
ON JULY 20TH THE CIF IS SET TO ANNOUNCE THEIR PLAN FOR ATHLETICS IN 2020.
- Once the CIF makes its ruling we will proceed from there. I will not speculate as to what may occur OR what that decision will look like.
I have deliberated on this for some time and here is my thought process:
As a parent first, I would want my kid to be enjoying his/her summer safely. I have always felt that having my child on a team is a huge part of the growing up process.
As an educator the need for socialization is paramount! Over the past several days I have seen several pediatricians call for in person learning for our young men and woman. I feel adamantly about the connection between academics and athletics.
Finally, as a coach, I have received numerous texts regarding returning to play.
I believe I serve all three of these roles as your head coach and in saying that feel the best decision is to make myself and my staff available to your sons in a voluntary capacity.
With that being said, I will be posting a Google sheet for sign ups. YOU SHOULD NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT 100% IN AGREEMENT WITH THE DECISION TO HAVE YOUR SON ENGAGE IN CONDITIONING DRILLS IN A GROUP SETTING. This is voluntary!!
I will not count for or against anyone who attends these activities. ALL the football material your son needs to compete for a position is currently available on hudl.com for all varsity members (Any 10th -12th graders).
The sign-up sheet is on Google classroom or can be accessed via the link (IF there are any issues signing up –please contact me directly.) [email protected] or 513-939-5027
PLEASE SIGN UP NO LATER THAN SUNDAY BY 5:00 P.M. SO I CAN ASSIGN PODS FOR EACH PLAYER WHO IS ATTENDING.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PRACTICE:
- Each player is required to wear a mask cover until they reach their pod.
- Each player is to remain in the same pod through phase 1.
- Each player needs to bring their own water. ( 32oz/1 liter) Dehydration after a long layoff is a real possibility.
- There can be no sharing of towels, water, bags, etc.
- As much as I encourage full transparency in the program, I cannot allow parents to be present at or during practice. You will need to drop off and pick up remaining in your cars. I realize this is may be an issue considering the short time of practice, but it is essential for now to ensure that we are able to continue practicing.
- Players are to have their temperature checked at home and will report their reading upon arrival.
- ANYONE WHO FEELS ILL – REGARDLESS OF REASON SHOULD REMAIN AT HOME.
- ANYONE WHO FEELS AT RISK – SHOULD REMAIN AT HOME.
- Each athlete who wants to participate MUST have a signed consent form on file. You may sign and send to me as a PDF via email or the athlete can bring on the first day. If he does not have a wavier I cannot allow him practice with us.
It has been 112 days since we last had an organized team activity. I am concerned about our young men over heating due to over exertion. Thus, we will be going slowly in our return to play. The goal is to do this right so we can get to Phase 2 which will allow us to begin football related work.
Finally, I personally will assign the pods for each young men. These PODS will be assign based on age and previous testing numbers. They ARE NOT an indication for this upcoming fall. Please, let’s keep the main thing about returning to our team as Warriors and having a safe month of July.
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thanks Go Warriors. Fallbrook Booster Club