TR Robertson — Seems like many of you are stumped about some of the historical trivia of our town. As a result, we are extending the time for you to respond with your answers and a chance to win a $25 gift card. You have until 6 pm this coming Monday to send in your answers. Most answers correct wins. Results in the paper on Tuesday, August 18th in the morning.
One of our readers challenged me to make a trivia quiz about our beloved Vista. Here you go. How much do you really know about Vista? Here are the questions. Answers will appear on Friday. No cheating, no going to Wikipedia or Vista sites. You are on your own for this on. There is a prize for most right answers – TheVistaPress.com is offering a $25 gift card to the person who gets the most correct answers. To take part, submit your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 PM Monday, August 17. Correct answers and the winner will be announced online in the Tuesday, August, 18th in TheVistaPresscom.
Vista Trivia Quiz – Print out to make it easier to write down answers
- What was the name of the Indian tribe located here long before the San Luis Rey Mission was established?
- How is Vista’s climate described?
- When was the city of Vista incorporated?
- The cities of Oceanside, Vista and Carlsbad together are described as what?
- What is Vista’ average of parks in the nation?
- How many companies are in the Vista Business Park?
- What is Vista’s city flower?
- What was Vista once the unofficial World Capital of?
- In 1948 Vista was called the World Capital of what?
- In the craft beer world, what is the name given to Highway 78?
- What city in the U.S. challenges Vista for most craft breweries?
- What is the average age of residents of Vista?
- What living history museum, established in 1969, is the only museum of its kind in the U.S.?
- What percentage of Vista residents are married?
- What is the average commute time for Vista residents that drive to work?
- What percentage of people in Vista live above the poverty level?
- What is the average price of homes in Vista?
- What is the average rent price in Vista?
- What is the average rainfall in Vista?
- What percentage of Seniors live in Vista?
- What is the average household size of Vista residents?
- What is the area size of Vista?
- What is Vista’s tree?
- What is Vista’s bird?
- How far above sea level is Vista?
- What is the nickname of the Vista high school, which is the only high school in California with this nickname?
- What are the call letters and AM number for the only radio station in Vista?
- What were the Strawberries grown in Vista called and why?
- What is the name of Vista’s first mayor?
- When was the first land grant for land in the Vista area issued?
- When was Vista named Vista?
- What was Rancho Guajome’s original name and what did it mean?
- How many Ranchos were originally in the Vista area?
- What was the original Legislative name designation for the portion of Hwy 78 between Oceanside and Vista?
- What was the original Legislative name designation for the portion of Hwy 78 between Vista and Escondido?
- Before the existence of Hwy 78, what was the road known as?
- When did plans first begin for the road that would eventually be called Highway 78?
- What is the name of the first brewery to open in Vista and when did it open?
- When this brewery moved, what was the next brewery to move in?
- How many mayors has Vista had since 1963?
Bonus Question – Who named the City of Vista?
There you go – good luck and remember – no cheating! Submit answers by Monday, August 17 by 6 PM.