The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department will resume in-person visits at all seven detention facilities beginning Friday, October 15.
As we navigate through the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic, controlling the spread of this virus throughout our facilities is a top priority of ours. We are committed to the safety, security, health, and well-being of people in our custody so it was a difficult decision to suspend in-person visits. We understand the importance of family connections for individuals in custody. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
A reminder all local, national and international phone calls at San Diego County Jails are free.
- Visiting is by appointment only. There are no walk-ins.
- Visitors will pass through a temperature check.
- Face coverings are required and visitors must maintain physical distance.
- Only one adult visitor or one adult with one child will be allowed.
- Visiting delays may occur due to court appearances or a newly booked inmate is under mandatory 14-day quarantine or housed in medical isolation.
- Valid picture identification is required to visit.
- Visitors entering the facility are subject to search.
SCHEDULING A VISIT
- Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Each housing unit is assigned specific days for visiting.
- Visit reservations can be made by calling the facilities at one of the following telephone numbers:
For a step by step process on scheduling a visit online, click here.
We will continue to evaluate and revise visitation schedules accordingly while still maintaining health and safety protocols. To learn more about the safeguards we have in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities, click here.