Vista, CA – Six new sculptures have joined Vista’s public art landscape and are now on display. These whimsical and unique art installations are part of the 12th Kites Over Vista exhibition, a program of the Public Arts Commission.
The six new kites and the artists are:
- Aeolian Butterfly by David Terrell and Dave Weaver at the south east corner of Broadway and South Indiana Avenue;
- Beacon by Kellan Shanahan at the north east corner of Broadway and South Indiana Avenue;
- Dark Ship by Norberto Estrada at south east Main Street and Citrus Avenue;
- Dreamcatcher Totem by Vicki Leon at north west Main Street and Citrus Avenue;
- Midnight Nectar by Alex Gall at Vista Village Drive and Main Street;
- Sea Life by Noe Estrada at the south west corner of Broadway and south Indiana Avenue.
These new sculptures add to the inventory of 24 kites that are installed throughout Vista including, downtown’s Vista Village, several city parks such as Civic Center, Brengle Terrace, Thibodo and Shadowridge, and the Vista Library.
The goal of Kites Over Vista is to promote art in Vista, and to brand the city as home to a significant and dynamic collection of public artwork. This exhibition is one element of the public arts program, which includes murals in the downtown area, Paseo Santa Fe roundabouts, and the “Vista in Bloom” utility box project throughout the city.
For an online map of Vista public art, or for more information on the public arts program, visit vistapublicart.com.