Earlier this week, State officials announced that San Diego County will remain in the state’s reopening “Red” tier, maintaining current business operation levels. The tiers are important, because they affect what is allowed to open under which tiers. If the County exceeds the threshold of the “Red” tier for two consecutive weeks, then the County would be moved to the “Purple” tier.” (https://bit.ly/2Ep9gMl). For information on what businesses can operate and at what capacity, visit https://covid19.ca.gov/.
We continue to work for you, our members. Thank you for all you are doing to keep #VistaStrong!
RESOURCES FOR NORTH COUNTY MANUFACTURERS
A Special Meeting Jointly Sponsored by the San Diego North EDC and the Vista Chamber of Commerce Log-on to get a briefing and overview of four programs designed to provide manufacturers with support to help them thrive in these times of uncertainty.September 29th from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM on Zoom Meeting Registration Topics to be covered:
- Employment Training Panel Funds
- SDG&E Programs for Manufactures
- California Competes Tax Credit
- Community College Partnerships
Candidate Forum: Tri-City Healthcare District Board Wednesday, September 30, 20204:00 PM – 5:00 PMOnline Event via ZoomJoin the Vista,Oceanside, and Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce for an informative forum with the Candidates for the Tri-City Healthcare District Board of Directors. The event will take place on Wednesday, September 30th at 4pm via live Zoom Videoconference. Register today.
Oceanside, Carlsbad and Vista Chambers Present California’s 49th Congressional District Candidate Forum The Vista, Oceanside, and Carlsbad Chambers of Commerce are partnering with the League of Women Voters North County San Diego (LWVNCSD) to host a virtual pre-recorded forum for the upcoming US Congressional 49th District election. The forum will be moderated by the League of Women Voters North County San Diego. The Forum for the 49th District candidates will be recorded on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 using the Zoom Webinar platform. More details.
Vista Bucks Dates: Oct. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021 Program: Consumers purchase $20 digital gift cards that have a $25 value from the Vistaisopen.com website. Consumers redeem the cards for purchases at your location through your credit card system! The money goes straight into your bank account with no extra steps! Sign Up Here
Vista Goose Chase Dates: Nov. 13-Dec.24, 2020 Program: Consumers download smarphone app that provides treasure hunt clues to locations throughout the business community. Consumers earn points for prizes and drawings by taking selfie photos at each location. Greet potential new customers as they find you! Optionally offer small additional prizes to entice more hunters to your location!
City of Vista Economic Development News Stand Up Vista Business – Small Business Support During Covid-19 Workshop – Adapting and Thriving in the New Reality – A four lesson workshop series starts on September 29. City Workshops Flyer
- Lesson 1: Managing Health & Well-being of Employees, Sept. 29 at 10 am
- Lesson 2: Pivoting to What’s next, Oct. 1 at 10 am
- Lesson 3: Digital Transition & eCommerce, Oct. 8 at 10 am
- Lesson 4: Keeping Customers Engaged, Oct. 15 at 10 am
Business Sector for the County of San Diego COVID-19 Business Telebrief Join the County every 2nd and 4th Wednesday for telebriefings to hear the latest updates on COVID-19 in San Diego County. They will be meeting again Wednesday, October 14th from 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM. To request resources, ask questions, or address concerns, please contact COVID-Business@sdcounty.ca.gov. The most recent meeting summary notes from Wednesday, September 23 are as follows:
Current Websites & Resources from County of San Diego COVID-19 Response
- · Public Health Order
- · Update on SD County Red Tier Status
- · Employers must notify County of San Diego Public Health Services about an employee who tests positive with COVID-19 by calling (888) 950-9905. Leave a message with your name and contact number, name of business, and employee’s name, date of birth, and contact information.
- · Business Sector Stay Connected: Resource Flyer
- · Business Sector Website
- · Business Sector email address: COVID-Business@sdcounty.ca.gov
- · COVID-19 E-Toolkit
- · State COVID-19 Page
- · Blue Print for a Safer Economy
- · Safe Reopening Plan
- · Positive Employee Flowchart
- · Health Officer Order – Quarantine
- · Guidance for Face Coverings
- · To report health order violations, call (858) 694-2900
- · Steps for Students Challenge – combat hunger by turning your exercise into donated meals for local students in need
County of San Diego’s Youth Emergency Readiness Ambassadors are producing educational materials for a county-wide outreach initiative to prepare San Diego youth for natural disasters, health crises like COVID-19, and more. If your organization serves youth, and would like to disseminate youth-focused materials about COVID-19 and emergency preparedness, please fill out this form.
- · COVID-19 Employer Playbook for Safe Reopening
- · Submit success stories and testimonials to the 10th Anniversary Edition of the Live Well San Diego Annual Impact Report
- · Check Your Mood Day
- · Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- · San Diego State University (SDSU) Testing – SDSU has ramped up their capacity to test up to 1,000 individuals each day this week. All community members are welcome to get tested for free at the SDSU Alumni Center located at 5250 55th St, San Diego, CA 92182, Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 4 PM. No appointment necessary.
- · 2020 Virtual Live Well Advance – To apply to be an exhibitor at the 2020 Virtual Live Well Advance on Thursday, December 3, 2020, please complete the exhibitor application by October 15th.
- · Medi-Cal Managed Care Plans cover transportation to all Medi-Cal covered services including Specialty Mental Health, Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System, Denti-Cal, and to the temporary isolation hotels. The Plans transportation numbers can be found on the Healthy San Diego Health Plan Contact Card.
Supervisor Jim Desmond Updates
Desmond has partnered with Orange County Supervisor Don Wagner and some of the most popular San Diego business owners to create a petition, OpenCalNow.com.
OpenCALNow is a group of local elected officials, leaders, and businesses working on behalf of the public to safely re-open California from the pandemic and end the economic and societal suffering caused by the sweeping orders from Sacramento. Sign the Petition
SDEAC – EDD Webinar September 2020
An educational webinar to learn more about EDD Unemployment Insurance Program.
Learn from the presenters about EDD Unemployment Insurance processes, guidelines, employer’s rights and responsibilities, workshare program and much more. Register Here
CalChamber Top Story – New Law Expands CFRA to Small Business
In this episode of The Workplace podcast, CalChamber Executive Vice President and General Counsel Erika Frank and employment law expert Jennifer Shaw discuss how employers should prepare for the newly signed family and medical leave law (SB 1383) that expands the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) and takes effect on January 1, 2021. More details.
Vista Chamber of Commerce127 Main Streetinfo@vistachamber.org