Well, it’s been a full year now since the COVID-19 pandemic first began affecting our lives. I am so thrilled to be marching into spring with the positive news that we now have a third vaccine approved and doses are rolling out. We have had perfect Vista weather these last few weekends and I am optimistic that good things are coming to our community!
The Heroes of Vista Galas is coming up on March 20. Please join us online and celebrate our biggest heroes of 2020. I can’t think of anyone more deserving of recognition than our generous and resilient businesses, dedicated and hardworking teachers, and selfless first responders. AND, all the funds raised support the Vista Education Foundation which provides arts and technology opportunities for Vista students. PLEASE join us or donate today to support this very worthy cause.
We also have several great informational and networking events this month. Join us for one or more! We’d love to see you there.
Covid-19 Vaccinations On Saturday, February 27, the Agricultural Sector and Food Sector became eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine!
- Phase 1B – Tier 1 Sectors include:
- Food & Agriculture
- Childcare and Education
- Emergency Services
For more information on eligible essential workforce list Click Here
Goodwill Care Advisors want to provide San Diego senior citizens with assistance securing a vaccine appointment.
Many seniors find themselves challenged with technology. Career Advisors are available by phone to help.
Lifeline Offers FREE Tax Preparation North County Lifeline is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Tax Preparation site. We offer free tax preparation for many families making less than $57,000 in 2020. More information Click Here
Innovate 78’s Manufacturing Study in San Diego Manufacturing in North County generates $18 billion in annual economic impact, according to a new study that examines the effects of the industry on the San Diego region. The study by Innovate 78 finds that manufacturers’ growth continues, even in the face of shifts in automation and globalization that could threaten jobs, and as businesses contending with the ongoing fallout from COVID-19.
“This study confirms the manufacturing industry in North County is poised for a strong recovery and will remain a significant economic driver for the San Diego region,” said Jordan Latchford, research manager at the San Diego Regional EDC. Click here to access the full report.
Tech San Diego’s Annual Growth Conference
March 16th, 2021 8:00 AM- 12:00 PM Register Here
Throughout the Pandemic, many companies have been forced to rethink core practices, take risks in business development, and develop other strategies to drive innovation. Learn how to help your company grow through change and adaptability by attending Tech San Diego’s 2nd annual Growth Conference.
Topics to include:
- Sales – How the sales organization was turned upside down and how some companies took advantage of it
- Executive Leadership – How communications won the day
- Talent Recruitment and Retention – How to benefit and thrive in a chaotic environment
- Revenue and Risk – How one company developed new pandemic-related revenue streams and how it helped more traditional sales
|Outreach to Businesses onOpiod & Fentanyl Crisis|
As the opioid and fentanyl crises continue to have devastating impacts in our communities, the Oceanside Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the North Coastal Prevention Coalition (NCPC) to increase community education and awareness to local businesses. We’d appreciate 2 minutes of your time to help guide this effort with a survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NCPC-ChamberSurvey
March Chamber Events
Join us for the 10th Annual Heroes of Vista Virtual Gala
Saturday, March 20 @ 5:30-7:00 PM
Join us as we celebrate excellence in business, education and community service.Our Annual Gala is a very special community event that also raises funds for the Vista Education Foundation (VEF).
- Congratulations to our Honorees
- Lifetime Achievement Award: John and Carol Hererra
- Military Veteran of the Year: Colonel John Telles, Jr., USMC (Ret.)
- Sheriff of the Year: Deputy Sheriff Liah Ector
- Firefighter of the Year: Captain Justin Golden
- Healthcare Person of the Year:
- Dr. Mark Yamanaka, Chief of Staff, Tri-City Medical Center
- Chamber Champion: Nick Ljubic
- Nominees in the Business Categories:
- Large Business/Non-Profit of the Year:
- Cox Communications, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps,
- North County Food Bank
- Small Business of the Year:
- Cat & Craft, North County Daily Star, Sign Art
- Non-Profit of the Year:
- Alta Vista Botanical Gardens, Got Your Back San Diego,
- Soroptimist International of Vista
- New Business of the Year:
- Culichi Town, Re-Find Off Main, The Film Hub
- Business Person of the Year:
- Aaron Byzak, Tri-City Medical Center
- Joey Pope, North County Janitorial Supply
- John Bagley, Wildwood Crossing and Cantina
- Vista Unified School District Awardees:
- Administrator of the Year: Rafael Olavide
- Classified Person of the Year: Byron Diaz Roca
- Technology Educator of the Year: Michael Eiben
- Art Educator of the Year: Jennifer Corso
- Healthcare Person of the Year: Maria Al-Shamma
|We will also be celebrating members with longevity with the Vista Chamber!|
Event registrations are now automated on our website (www.vistachamber.org) The login information will be auto-generated and emailed by Zoom, and a confirmation will be emailed from the Chamber. Please RSVP for each one you want to attend.
Virtual Coffee & Conversation Tuesday, March 2, 8:00 a.m.Start your day off right with a small gathering of members! Bring your coffee and breakfast to this early morning networking hour before your begin your work day. Rachel will facilitate the discussion. REGISTER FOR LINK.
Virtual Government Affairs Committee Thurs, March 4, 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.This committee meets virtually every first Thursday to share local and county wide news updates from elected officials and leaders. REGISTER FOR LINK.
Virtual Business Mixer Weds, March 10, 5-6pmFeel inspired and energized to succeed in your business goals! Be an inspiration to others! Keep your networking skills sharp and boost your visibility! Members and prospective members are welcome at no charge. REGISTER FOR LINK
Virtual Member Orientation Friday, March 12, 12-1pmJoin us to fully appreciate the value of your investment and what we do for you and the greater community. This meeting for members and prospective members. REGISTER FOR LINK
Virtual Lunch Mob Weds, March 24, 12-1pmFeel inspired and energized to succeed in your business goals! Be an inspiration to others! Keep your networking skills sharp and boost your visibility! Members and prospective members are welcome at no charge. REGISTER FOR LINK
Vista Chamber of Commerce 170 Eucalyptus Avenue, Ste.115 Vista, CA 760-726-1122 Info@vistachamber.org