Vista, CA — The Vista Historical Society Annual Meeting and Hall of Fame induction will be held at the Shadowridge Country Club at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 8, 2020. The Society President will give a report on the state of the society and museum, members of the board of directors will be elected and new Vista Hall of Fame members will be honored.
Newly elected to the Hall of Fame are Ron Holloway, Ted Huntalas, Bainbridge and Nancy Larkin, Jim and Carlotta Malone, Marty Miller, and Mary Regan.
• Ron Holloway, a civil engineer by profession, is known as one of the founders of Alta Vista Gardens and one of its chief strategists over the years. He and other dedicated volunteers have made the gardens what they are today.
• Ted Huntalas was born and raised in Vista and lived at Rancho Minerva for most of his life. As well as farming at the ranch he was noted realtor developer.
• Bainbridge and Nancy Larkin lived in Vista for many years. He was a practicing dentist and both he and Nancy participated in the civic life of Vista. They were known for their encouragement of music in the schools and creating Valley Fort on the way to Fallbrook.
• Jim and Carlotta Malone, both teachers, are known for their assistance at the Moonlight Amphitheater from its beginning, she in costumes and he in set construction.
• Marty Miller is well-known as the coach of the little league baseball team that went all the way the tofinal two in the little League world series he is also a Director of the Vista Irrigation District, local contractor and civic activist.
• Mary Regan, long known as a Civic activist. She has been on the boards of many philanthropic organizations as well as City commissions. She is long known as the force that the brought the San Diego Symphony to the Moonlight Amphitheatre.
The annual meeting is open to Vista Historical Society & Museum members and all interested area residents.
The menu for the event is:
- CLASSIC COBB SALAD – –
- Chopped Romaine + Apple Smoked Bacon – Tomatoes + Hard Boiled Egg + Avocado + Blue Cheese on the side – Grilled Chicken Breast + Assorted Dressing
- CLASSIC CHEESE BURGER —
- Fire-Grilled Angus Burger + American Cheese -Lettuce + Tomato + Onion -Pickle Spear – Side of french fries
- ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
- Chardonnay Sauce + Mushrooms – Rice pilaf and Seasonal Veggies – And Organic Mixed Greens Salad – Baby Greens + Dried Cranberries – Toasted Almonds + Blue Cheese White Wine Vinaigrette
- GRILLED ATLANTIC SALMON
- Mango-Papaya Relish – Rice pilaf and Seasonal Veggies And Organic Mixed Greens Salad Baby Greens + Dried Cranberries Toasted Almonds + Blue Cheese White Wine Vinaigrette
DESSERT – Cookies without nuts/Brownies with nuts
Reservations for the luncheon and meeting are required, at a cost of $40 per person, and may be obtained by phoning the Vista Historical Society office at (760) 630-0444, by e-mail at [email protected], from our Web Site, vistahistoricalsociety.com, or by letter to P.O. Box 1032, Vista, CA 92085-1032. The deadline for reservations is Thursday, July 30. 2020.