Escondido, CA – Last week Assemblymember Marie Waldron (R – Valley Center) commemorated Hispanic Heritage Month by honoring five individuals who have shown what it means to give back to the community and make it a better place to live:
- Michael Pacheco, a member of the Palomar Health District Board, has dedicated decades of service as a first responder in both the medical and fire departments. His expertise in emergency planning for major events in San Diego has been invaluable. His generosity does not stop there – Michael generously volunteers his time at various organizations, representing the true spirit of community support.
- Oscar Cifuentes, a retired Senior Chief Petty Officer who served with honor in the U.S. Navy for 24 years, has continued his lifelong dedication to serving his country and community. Alongside his wife, Carmen, he established the REMAX Country franchise in Valley Center in 2018, providing guidance and support to the local community.
- Mary McBride, Trustee and Acting Board President of the Fallbrook Union Elementary School District, set an admirable example of community involvement. Her commitment to both the district and the greater Fallbrook community truly demonstrates the power of dedicated service.
- Luis Ruiz, the owner of Urban Shindigs and L1920, takes on multiple roles as a coding and robotics instructor for the Alpine Union School District and as the Honorary Mayor of Alpine, representing the Alpine Chamber of Commerce. His contributions reflect the limitless passion and dedication that defines our community.
- David Rios, Principal of Mountain Empire High School and a former principal at other local schools has dedicated his career to promoting the growth of students, including those with special needs. His emphasis on building positive relationships with students highlights his commitment to supporting their educational journeys.
“I commend these outstanding individuals for their exceptional contributions to our community. We look forward to celebrating their future achievements and wish them continued success in all future endeavors,” said Waldron.
Assemblymember Marie Waldron, R- Valley Center, represents the 75th Assembly District in the California Legislature, which includes the cities of Poway, Santee, portions of the City of San Diego, and most of rural eastern and northern San Diego County.