Carlsbad, CA -The Carlsbad Chamber of Chamber is one of 10 local chambers of commerce to receive the 2023 President’s Circle Award from the California Chamber of Commerce.
The award, first presented in 2009, recognizes chambers for excellence in business advocacy and helping their members comply with California employment laws. Representatives of the President’s Circle chambers were honored May 17 during the CalChamber Capitol Summit in Sacramento.
“Our top local chamber partners play leading roles as community problem solvers and the voice of business on public policy,” said Nick Ortiz, CalChamber vice president of local chamber relations. “We commend them for all their hard work over the last year fighting on behalf of California business.”
President’s Circle Award recipients published vote records of their state legislators on key business issues, joined coalition efforts to let state elected officials know about community sentiment on issues of interest to members, voiced the local chamber’s position at legislative policy committee hearings, and participated in the CalChamber compliance product resale program at an exemplary level.
Cal Chamber events May 17&18, 2023. Three of the chambers have received the award all 15 years it has been presented.
The 2023 recipients of the President’s Circle Award are as follows. An * marks the chambers that have received the award all 15 years:
- Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce: Bret Schanzenbach, president/CEO
- Greater Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce*: Danielle Borja, president/CEO
- Greater High Desert Chamber of Commerce: Mark Creffield, president/CEO
- Lake Elsinore Valley Chamber of Commerce: Kim Cousins, president/CEO
- Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce*: Jeremy Harris, president/CEO
- Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce*: Nick Adcock, president/CEO
- Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce: Glenn Morris, president/CEO
- Simi Valley Chamber of Commerce: Kathi Van Etten, president/CEO
- Tulare Chamber of Commerce: Donnette Silva Carter, president/CEO
- West Ventura County Business Alliance: Nancy Lindholm, president/CEO
The California Chamber of Commerce (CalChamber) is the largest broad-based business advocate to government in California. Membership represents one-quarter of the private sector jobs in California and includes firms of all sizes and companies from every industry within the state. Leveraging our front-line knowledge of laws and regulations, we provide products and services to help businesses comply with both federal and state law. CalChamber, a not-for-profit organization with roots dating to 1890, promotes international trade and investment in order to stimulate California’s economy and create jobs. Please visit our website at www.calchamber.com.