Winter Reading Challenge Ends Jan. 31, 2022All ages
Carlsbad City Library is joining thousands of libraries and schools nationwide to participate in Beanstack’s annual Winter Reading Challenge. We challenge the Carlsbad community to collectively read for at least 100,000 minutes during the month and keep track of their reading on Beanstack.
Rewards will be available for pickup until Monday, February 7.
Carlsbad Book Bingo: An in-person library adventure Schulman Auditorium Carlsbad City Library on Dove LaneSaturday, Jan. 29, 2022Noon – 3:30 p.m.
Join us for Carlsbad Book Bingo: An in-person library adventure only at Carlsbad City Library on Dove Lane.
Your Adventure includes a keynote presentation by Jenna Blum, three panels with nine other book club favorite authors such as Georgie Blalock, Richard Farrell, Nicola Harrison, Aimee Liu, Jan Moran, Isla Morley, Kaira Rouda, Judith Teitelman and Wendy Voorsanger, an interactive game of Book Bingo (bingo cards provided at event), Q&A and rewards.
All you have to do is show up to learn about great new reads to add to your must-read list. If you would like additional information or have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations suspended until March 1
To keep our patrons healthy and safe, Friends of the Library and Library & Cultural Arts are temporarily suspending acceptance of book donations until March 1. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Try the Personalized Reading Recommendation Service
Request personalized reading recommendations from Carlsbad City Library staff. Fill out this form today.
Ask a Genealogist
Whether you’re just getting started in genealogy, or need help breaking down a brick wall, you can “Ask a Genealogist” during a special one-hour appointment with qualified staff at the Georgina Cole Library.
Staff will help you navigate the library’s highly regarded print and online resources to answer your specific genealogy questions.
Fill out the “Ask a Genealogist” form to get started.
Virtual Book Clubs
Come meet some fellow readers, experience great literature and engage in interesting discussions by becoming a member of the Carlsbad City Library virtual book clubs.
- Monday Night Classics Book Club Feb. 28, 7 p.m. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Tuesday Evening Book Club Feb. 1, 7 p.m. The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- First Wednesday Book Club Feb. 2, 2 p.m. The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi Thursday Afternoon Book Club Feb. 10, 2 p.m. Begin Again: James Baldwin’s America and its Urgent Lessons for Our Own by Eddie S. Glaude Jr.
- Club de lectura en Español Vespertino Feb. 3, 6 p.m. Entre las sombras del sueño Americano by Julissa Arce
- Club de lectura en Español Feb. 15, 10 a.m. El infinito en la palma de la mano by Gioconda Belli
Read your way to the Winter Olympics
- Eddie the Eagle (film)
- The Making of a Miracle: The Untold Story of the Captain of the 1980 Gold Medal-Winning US Olympic Hockey Team by Mike Eruzione
- The Fall Line: How American Ski Racers Conquered a Sport on the Edge by Nathaniel Vinton
- Soulmates on Ice: From Hometown Glory to Top of the Podium by Meagan Duhamel
- On My Own Two Feet by Amy Purdy
- Tessa & Scott: Our Journey from Childhood Dream to Gold by Tessa Virtue
Have you heard about the seed library?
Visit any of the Carlsbad City Library library locations and choose from any of the following organic cool-season vegetables:
- Ruby Red Chard
- Dazzling Blue Kale
- Mixed Lettuce
For planting instructions, visit the seed library webpage.
We’re here to help
We’re available to answer your questions over the phone, through our chat service or by email during open library hours.
- Email: email@example.com
- Chat with us.
- Para ayuda en español 760-931-4500 o firstname.lastname@example.org
All Carlsbad City Library location hours Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday10 a.m. – 5 p.m.