Friends of the Carlsbad Library Holiday Boutique Cole and Dove Library Monday, Dec. 5 – Thursday, Dec. 22 Bookstore Boutique for the Holidays begins at the Cole and Dove Friends Bookstores on Monday, Dec. 5 and runs through Thursday, Dec. 22 during regular Bookstore hours.
Check out a fabulous selection of as-new materials: coffee table and children’s books, adult fiction and nonfiction, cookbooks and other holiday gifts.
SD Fixit Clinic – Cole Library Saturday, Dec. 10, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All Ages
Bring your broken, non-functioning things: electronics, appliances, computers, toys, bicycles, clothes, etc. for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We’ll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. This is a family-friendly event. Make an appointment through EventBrite; walk-ins are accepted as time permits.
Cinema Club Questionnaire
Thursday, Dec. 1 – Tuesday, Jan. 31
Library & Cultural Arts is seeking community input for our continuing Cinema Club programs. Please take this brief survey and provide us your thoughts as we continue to bring you the best in cinema. The survey will be available Dec. 1, 2022 – Jan. 31, 2023.
Paint a Present Now – Dec. 23 Adults Ages 18+
Paint a present for a friend this holiday season! Pick up a Take & Make Painting Kit from any of our three locations, starting now through Dec. 23, while supplies last. Kits include a mini-canvas, paintbrush, paint set, gift bag and QR code to Creativebug, your ticket to a world of online arts and crafts courses through Carlsbad Library’s eResources.
Kits can be picked up at the following locations:
- Cole Library: Accounts Desk
- Dove Library: First Floor Help Desk & Second Floor Information Desk
- Library Learning Center: Help Desk
Come in and use the Exploration HUB, Carlsbad City Library’s technology lab and makerspace located at Dove Library!
Reserve a self-guided HUB Station where you can do the following:
- Digitize home movies, scan slides, negatives or photos.
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
- Create and cut designs with the Silhouette Cameo.
- Submit original 3D designs for printing.
- Staff are onsite to provide guidance during your session.
Sign up for a free class or club. Learn how to use the scanner or equipment to digitize home movies. Try something new! Classes and clubs are for patrons 13 and older unless otherwise indicated.
Genealogy Programs & Services
Genealogy Partnership Programs
For a list of free, monthly partnership programs offered by Carlsbad City Library and the North San Diego County Genealogical Society, please view the genealogy programs calendar.
Ask a Genealogist
Whether you’re just getting started in genealogy, or need help breaking down a brick wall, you can “Ask a Genealogist” during a special one-hour appointment with qualified staff at the Georgina Cole Library. Staff will help you navigate the library’s highly regarded print and online resources to answer your specific genealogy questions. Fill out the “Ask a Genealogist” form to get started.
Personalized Reading Recommendation Service
Take a shot at these goal-worthy books and movies:
- Pelé (film documentary available on Kanopy)
- The Age of Football: Soccer and the 21st Century by David Goldblatt
- The Language of the Game: How to Understand Soccer by Laurent Dubois
- The Away Game: The Epic Search for Soccer’s Next Superstars by Sebastian Abbot
- Do You Speak Football? by Tom Williams
Safer Streets Together
On Aug. 23, the City of Carlsbad declared a local state of emergency for traffic safety following a significant increase in collisions involving bikes and e-bikes. The city is taking a balanced approach focused on education, infrastructure and enforcement while asking the community to also do their part for traffic safety.
- Eliminate distractions
- Slow down and watch your speed
- Obey all traffic lights and signals
- Know the bike and e-bike rules of the road
- Use crosswalks when available as a pedestrian
- Be kind and patient
We are all part of the Carlsbad community, and working together, we can make our streets safer for everyone. Visit carlsbadca.gov/saferstreets for more resources on improving traffic safety.
We’re here to help
We’re available to answer your questions over the phone, through our chat service or by email during open library hours.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat with us.
- Para ayuda en español 442-339-5500 o email@example.com
All Carlsbad City Library location hours
Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. – Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.