Local Coastal Program Update
The City Council will consider approval of a comprehensive update to Carlsbad’s Local Coastal Program land use plan to ensure future development in our city’s coastal zone protects and enhances coastal resources and is consistent with our General Plan and the California Coastal Act.
City Council Meeting (virtual)Tuesday, Oct. 12, at 3 p.m.
How to participate
- Provide live comments via Zoom or phone. Details here.
- Email comments by 2 p.m. on Oct. 12 to email@example.com.
- Watch online on the city’s livestream or cable channel Spectrum 24 and AT&T U-Verse 99.
What’s being updatedThe updates address topics required by the California Coastal Act, including:
- Land use
- Visitor-serving uses and recreation
- Access to the coast
- Protection of agricultural, cultural and scenic resources
- Protection of sensitive habitat and water quality
- Coastal hazards, like sea level rise, flooding, geology and fire
Next stepsIf approved by the City Council, staff will present the final draft Local Coastal Program and associated documents to the California Coastal Commission for final approval.
- View the Draft Local Coastal Program Update
- See a map of Carlsbad’s coastal zone
- Local Coastal Program Update webpage
- Jennifer Jesser, senior planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 760-602-4637
City of Carlsbad | 1200 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008