Carlsbad, CA –Veterans Memorial Park is set to become the city’s largest park when it opens in 2025, and the first to recognize and honor the nation’s veterans.
- We are getting ready to select the artist for the new public art that will be prominently featured at the park’s upper plateau area.
- A memorial plaza near the parking lot has been designed and can serve as an easily accessible space to visit and gather.
- We’ve already received input from veterans and others on the vision for the new public art.
- Now we are seeking volunteers to serve on a Public Art Advisory Subcommittee to review qualifications from artists and ultimately vote to select the artist.
- It’s a short commitment, usually around two to three evening meetings, which are held at City Hall (1200 Carlsbad Village Drive).
It’s a short commitment, usually around two to three evening meetings, which are held at City Hall (1200 Carlsbad Village Drive).
You don’t need to be an art expert (although art experts will also be on the committee). You just need to have an interest in shaping this future public art to honor those who have served our country. In addition to Carlsbad community members, we’re seeking veterans, active-duty military members and military family members interested in serving on the committee. Apply online. The deadline is Dec. 18.
If you don’t want to serve on the committee, you can still weigh in on the selection of the artist by attending one of the subcommittee’s meetings.
More information Cultural Arts Office, 442-339-2090,