The City of Carlsbad is asking the community to weigh in on three potential design concepts for Robertson Ranch Park, the city’s newest park, planned for the corner of Cannon Road and El Camino Real. The final design, which will likely incorporate elements of all three options, will then be presented to the City Council for approval later this year.
Community meeting on Saturday, Feb. 10
Drop by anytime for a “choose your own adventure” style walk through three information stations, each focused on one of the park concepts. Talk to park planners, ask questions and provide feedback.
“A walk through 3 parks” Saturday, Feb. 10, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
City of Carlsbad Faraday Administration Center, 1635 Faraday Ave.
Review the design concepts
Before the meeting, you can learn more about the design options for Robertson Ranch Park in two ways.
- Watch three short videos describing the park design concepts.
- View the design concepts on the city’s website.
For those who can’t can’t make it to the in person meeting on Saturday, there are two more ways to provide feedback on the park design concepts.
Join a virtual meeting – Robertson Ranch: A walk through 3 parks Thursday, Feb. 15, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Register for the Zoom meeting online – Join the project team online to participate in group discussions about the park design concepts, ask questions and provide feedback.
Take an online survey – Give input through an online survey until Feb. 23.
To request reasonable accommodations to participate in a workshop, please call 442-339-5352 (voice), 711 (free relay service for TTY users) at least 72 hours in advance to discuss accessibility needs.
- The project team will incorporate feedback received on the design concepts to create a proposed Robertson Ranch Park master plan.
- Later this year, the proposed park master plan will be presented to the Parks & Recreation Commission for review and then the City Council for approval. Both of these meetings will include opportunities for the public to share any final input on the park’s design.
- After the design is approved, the City Council will determine next steps, including a funding plan, creating the detailed park design and a construction timeline.
- Decisions about the specific design of amenities like playground equipment, the sports field surface and other details will be made when the city develops the detailed park design
- Robertson Ranch Park project page
- Park design concepts
- Robertson Ranch Park public input
- Sign up for email updates
- Nick Stupin, Parks Planning Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 442-339-2527
City of Carlsbad | 1200 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008