Serving Seniors Since 1974—
- MEAL SERVICES INFORMATION (PDF)
- The Center is offering lunch service via curbside pick-up or delivery Mondays and Wednesdays. Reservations are recommended by calling 760.643.5288. Delivery is available to Vista residents upon request. Free to seniors age 60 and over.
- Weekend Meal Bag: Reserve by Friday one week before by calling 760.643.5288. Pick-up on Friday between 11 am and Noon. Free to seniors age 65 and over. Bags include two light lunches, produce and milk. Home delivery may be available; inquire when calling.
Out and About Vista, a grant-funded transportation program offered by the City of Vista, provides Vista residents over the age of 60 with in-town transportation.
Our program provides the following transportation options:
- Van service for in-town grocery shopping and in-town medical appointments.
- Volunteer driver service for out of town appointments. Each Out & About rider is limited to 150 travel miles with volunteers, per month. Please note that our program is staffed by volunteers, and that some ride requests may not be accommodated due to availability.
- Taxi Scrip is 60% off the actual value! A twenty-dollar booklet is only $8.00. Limit 4 booklets per month. The taxi meter rate is not discounted.
We have made modifications to Out and About Vista to ensure our customers’ health and safety are top priority. Our new hours of operation are Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 am – 3 pm for grocery shopping or medical appointments, and Fridays 8 am – 3 pm for medical appointments only.
The Out and About staff are working diligently to ensure our customers feel safe getting into our vehicles by cleaning and disinfecting before and after each use and requiring masks upon entrance into the vehicles.
For more information regarding these changes or to sign up for transportation please call 760.643.5284.
- Vaccine Appointment Assistance: Goodwill San Diego is providing any senior age 65 and above with assistance in securing vaccine appointments at local health centers. This service is being facilitated through Goodwill’s employment centers. To access this service, call one of the employment centers:
Chula Vista: 619.207.0386
Point Loma: 619.225.9483
San Ysidro: 619.271.3896
The service is geared towards seniors without access to the Internet or those who need assistance navigating the technology needed to secure appointments online.
- HomeShare Resource for Seniors is a new resource offered through a partnership between the City of Vista Housing Division and Elderhelp of San Diego. The program matches people seeking affordable housing with home providers, primarily older adults, who wish to continue living in their homes and communities.
- Senior Shopping Resources learn which stores have special hours for seniors during the pandemic. Please note that due to information changing nearly every day that you should confirm special shopping hours with stores before heading out.
Contact Us … 760.643.5288 weekdays 8 am to 3:30 pm.
Directions … To get to the center from Interstate 78, take the Civic Center Drive exit and turn north on Civic Center Drive. Follow Civic Center Drive to East Vista Way and make a right. Turn right on Vale Terrace Drive; the center is located at the second entrance to Brengle Terrace Park on the left. For information call 760.643.5288.