California’s taxes and cost of living are already too high. The state shouldn’t make it easier for politicians to take even more.
Sacramento, CA -Legislative Republicans will join taxpayer advocates for a press conference opposing Assembly Constitutional Amendment 1, Democrats’ attempt to weaken Prop. 13 by lowering the threshold to approve special taxes. Despite California having one of the highest state and local tax burdens in the nation, ACA 1 would make it even easier for local governments to impose new taxes on homeowners and businesses.
WHAT: Press conference opposing ACA 1
WHO: Legislative Republicans including:
- Senate Minority Caucus Chair Janet Nguyen (R-Huntington Beach)
- Senator Roger Niello (R-Fair Oaks)
- Asm. Diane Dixon (R-Newport Beach)
- Asm. Laurie Davies (R-Laguna Niguel)
- Asm. Devon Mathis (R-Porterville)
- Jon Coupal, Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
- David Kline, California Taxpayers Association
- Matthew Hargrove, California Business Properties Association
WHEN: Wednesday, August 16, 11:00AM
WHERE: West Steps, California State Capitol, Sacramento
WHY: California’s taxes and cost of living are already too high. The state shouldn’t make it easier for politicians to take even more.
LIVESTREAM: The event will be livestreamed here: https://www.youtube.com/live/XEkYkmLgY4U?feature=share