HEALTH AND WELL-BEING DURING THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER
Oceanside Public Library, as a trusted community partner, is committed to providing inclusive access and connection to relevant and reliable information and resources to promote community health and well-being. The Library would like to invite the public to join us during the month of September for special programs and a community-wide read. Titles for the community-wide read include The Color Monster: A Story About Emotions by Anna Llenas for kids; Dictionary for a Better World by Irene Latham and Charles Waters for teens and tweens; and Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown for adults. Receive a free copy of the book while supplies last by registering to attend one of the book clubs or other special events.
Free events the Library will be offering in September in support of the initiative include:
- Yoga for Kids will be offered Saturdays, September 3, 10 and 24 at 10:30 a.m. at the Civic Center Library, 330 N. Coast Hwy. Kids and their caregivers will be led through activities that promote connection, breath, movement, focus, and relaxation with yoga instructor Melanie Williams. This program series is free and for ages 2-12 and their caregivers.
- Clear Your Clutter, Clear Your Mind Workshop will be held Saturday September 10 at 10 a.m. in the Civic Center Library Community Rooms at 330 N. Coast Highway. Bee Organized Owners Nancy and Sherry will demonstrate some of their favorite items and approaches to help organize some difficult household areas.
- Families, children and their caregivers are invited to special storytimes and story strolls in the park, featuring the books The Color Monster: A Story About Emotions by Anna Llenas, and The Feelings Book by Todd Parr the week of September 19th-22nd.
- A special Book Club for adults will be held September 20 at 6:00 p.m. in the Civic Center Library Community Rooms. Shannon Nosenzo, LMFT will take participants on a tour of their emotional self, based on Brene Brown’s Atlas of the Heart.
- The Library will host Mini Arts & Wellness Retreat with the Soultry Sisters on Saturday, September 24 at 10:00 a.m. in the Civic Center Library Courtyard and Community Rooms. The retreat will include holistic arts and wellness sessions including mindful movement, sound healing with Kizzy Satchell, and DIY creative crafts.
- Specialists from TrueCare will be at the Mission Branch Library, located at 3861 Mission Avenue, on September 28 at 4:00 p.m. to help teens ages 12 to 17 to explore what it means to be self-aware, ways to manage emotions to reduce stress and anxiety, and learn how their emotional, psychological, and social well-being can potentially improve their overall health.
In addition, free health and well-being journal art kits will be available at any Oceanside Public Library location during the month as part of the Community Health and Well-being Initiative, while supplies last.
To register for these free special programs or for more information on any Oceanside Public Library program or service, please call 760-435-5600 or visit www.oceansidepubliclibrary.org.