Introduces Poinsettia Princess For Festive Holiday Programming – Iconic Carlsbad, California Resort Promises a Truly Magical Home-Away-From Home Experience, Complete with Snow!
Carlsbad, CA – November, 2022 – Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, located just north of San Diego in Carlsbad, today announced its winter programming for the 2022 holiday season. The iconic property will be celebrating alongside generations of Carlsbad residents and visitors seeking a warm-weather holiday for both time-honored and new seasonal traditions.
This year’s array of spirited events will be embellished by the resort’s magical transformation into a festive poinsettia wonderland – a cheerful nod to the holiday bloom’s deep-rooted history in the Carlsbad and Encinitas communities, which became famous through the decades for their vast poinsettia farms. With hundreds of acres of poinsettia plants blanketing the landscape, at its peak, the region produced 90% of the world’s poinsettias. Staying true to its year-round mission of spreading joy through beautiful blossoms, Omni La Costa’s landscaping team will build and care for a vibrant display of over 2,000 brightly colored poinsettia Christmas “trees.”
“We are delighted to unveil this year’s holiday programming, inspired by the incredible history of the poinsettia holiday bloom that our coastal town is known for,” said Randy Zupanski, Managing Director of Omni La Costa Resort & Spa. “What an honor to bring this deep-rooted history to life in ways that will spark joy and encourage families to create new memories during a much-anticipated holiday season.”
In addition to the property’s festive poinsettia wonderland, Omni La Costa will introduce its newest holiday character, the Poinsettia Princess, a friend of Old Saint Nick’s straight from the North Pole. The Poinsettia Princess will make special surprise appearances on property throughout the holiday season, dressed in a bright red costume that poinsettia flowers are so well-known for. Omni La Costa will also host a special “Poinsettias, Pajamas, and Pancakes Brunch” on December 17, during which guests can don their most comfortable holiday pajamas and delight in delicious holiday dishes while enjoying interactions with the Poinsettia Princess and Santa Claus himself.
Alongside the poinsettia-themed programming, Omni La Costa will offer an array of holiday-inspired activities and promotions throughout the 2022 winter season. From delicious and seasonal food and beverage items to cozy in-room holiday enhancements, there will be no shortage of holiday magic at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa this season. Additional holiday highlights include:
· Cozy In-Room Stay Amenities: Guests can add a milk and cookies delivery or pre-lit Christmas tree to their guest rooms at the time of booking for a truly magical home-away-from-home experience.
· Artisanal Hot Chocolate Collection: Guests will be able to enjoy exclusive single-origin hot chocolate blends with seasonal enhancements, such as handcrafted spiced marshmallows in partnership with Spice Master Lior Lev Sercaz, espresso, boozy add-ons and more.
· S’mores & Snowfall: Guests can reserve a firepit under the stars with seasonally inspired gourmet s’mores platters, single origin hot chocolate and a charcuterie board, all while overlooking the La Costa valley and golf courses. While Carlsbad is highly unlikely to experience snow even during its coolest winter nights, a flurry of magic snow will fall every 30 minutes from 5-8:30pm on select nights in December, creating special moments that will truly bring the holidays to life.
· Charitable Cheer: For every completed stay, Omni La Costa is doubling their donations towards Omni’s “Say Goodnight to Hunger” program, the ongoing giving campaign benefitting Feeding America. For every artisanal hot chocolate purchased from the collection above, Omni La Costa will donate an additional meal to Feeding America. Omni La Costa also encourages guests to participate in its Fall & Winter Food Drive to benefit local food pantries providing much-needed food assistance to San Diegans facing hunger this holiday season.
· Holiday Artisan Market: Every Saturday from November 12 to December 17, the resort’s plaza transforms into an open-air market featuring a select group of talented makers, exclusively curated for the holidays. Guests will find unique, handmade gifts and hear the stories behind the artisans’ work.
· Home for the Holidays: Pre-made Holiday Dinners for 4: The experienced culinarians at Omni La Costa will prepare a pre-made feast for those who wish to forget the stress of cooking and focus on gathering with loved ones. Each box includes a butter-basted free-range turkey, gravy, cornbread stuffing, potato gratin, whipped yams, pork belly roasted Brussels sprouts, dinner rolls with honey butter and a NY cheesecake.
For the full list of Holiday experiences, please visit:
For more information about Omni La Costa, or to book a stay, please visit:
About Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at over 51 distinct hotels and resorts in the country’s most popular leisure and business destinations across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. With more than 21 iconic golf courses, and multiple short courses, 24 award-winning spas featured in dynamic locales nationwide, every Omni proudly opens its doors to share the true spirit of its destination. Reflected through local color, personalized service, unique wellness options, signature restaurants and creative culinary offerings, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every guest and a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest® loyalty program. Omni is committed to reducing hunger and is on a mission through its Say Goodnight to Hunger initiative, to provide millions of meals each year for food banks to feed children, families, and seniors in communities in which it operates. Through its partnership with Shared Hope International, Omni is dedicated to the education and training of its associates to help combat human trafficking. Omni Hotels & Resorts is the official hotel of the PGA TOUR® and PGA TOUR Champions. For information or to book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com or call 1-800-The-Omni.
About Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
An escape from the everyday, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa was originally created as a playground for celebrities and athletes with every amenity imaginable and is now the perfect destination for family vacations, meetings and events, and more. The Spanish Mission-style property boasts over 600 guestrooms, suites and villas, 170,000 square feet of meeting and event space, an Athletic Club, and eight sparking pools including an adults-only pool and exhilarating waterslides. Two iconic golf courses, Champions & Legends are complemented by the Golf Performance Institute, offering Southern California’s most comprehensive game improvement program. The 43,000-square-foot Spa at La Costa includes a private pool, waterfall showers, café and therapeutic reflexology path. Acclaimed restaurants – Bob’s Steak & Chop House, VUE and Bar Traza – present an updated take on local cuisine. For more information, call (800) 854-5000 or visit omnilacosta.com.