High School Internship For-Credit Programs
This upcoming school year, through our partnership with the Vista Unified School District, we are reaching out seeking businesses who would be interested in this amazing FREE opportunity to be in front of future customers: our local high schoolers!
Rancho Buena Vista’s deadline is September 16, 2022, whereas Mission Vista is currently placing interns, and will have another group of students placed with businesses starting January 2023, so they are flexible in timing. See below for details about RBVHS’s program:
The Internship Course at Rancho Buena Vista High School is a school year-long commitment resulting in earned elective credit and an invaluable experience for our students. Many RBV interns have turned into employees at the same businesses they intern for, and have gone on to careers in the same field.
- Interns are to set up an interview with you to ensure the Internship is a good fit for both of you.
- Interns should be treated as regular employees with the same expectations you have.
- Interns are unpaid unless the Mentor/Business decides to pay them or employ them in other ways.
- Mentors/Business will need to provide a grade each six weeks to the internship Coordinator during the internship (the Internship Coordinator will reach out for this periodically).
- Mentors/Business should communicate with the Internship Coordinator if any problems arise.
- Mentors/Business should challenge the Intern to learn skills that could help them to understand, learn, and be innovative in the career path and field they are interning in.
- Interns can of course perform other regular office duties, and help where needed, but there should be a sense of learning what the career would be like and performing some tasks related to the career.
If you have any questions, please contact Mae: email@example.com for more information.
Rancho Buena Vista High School is looking to place a total of 130 students by September 16th with local businesses in Vista or any of our neighboring cities: San Marcos, Carlsbad and Oceanside. Here are industries that the students have expressed interest in:
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Real Estate
- Photography And Film Editing
- Non-Clinical Medical and/or Senior Living
- Chiropractic and/or Physical Therapy
- Computer Science And Programming
If you are interested, please let Mae know and she can connect you with our contacts at the high schools’ Career Centers. We appreciate and welcome all inquiries at this time! No experience is necessary.
This great opportunity is FREE and at no monetary cost to you or your business. It is a valuable experience for both your business, the industry you represent and it allows you to put your business out there for your community to recognize. We thank you for your consideration.
Vista High School Job Fair and Career Expo
Ongoing Monthly Event
Hundreds of students are looking for jobs and opportunities right now and are eager to talk to you. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get in front of students you can hire immediately. If you are looking for workers – we have them.
The event and parking are FREE.
Where: Vista High School- 1 Panther Way, Vista, CA 92084
The event is around the Main Quad.
When: Friday, September 16th, 1:05 – 1:45 Lunch Period
|Check-in is at 12:30 – 1:00 PM in the front office – it’s in front of the school. You will be parking in guest parking in the front parking lot of the school – security will direct you. Everyone will be provided a table and chairs. Please bring hand-out materials and something to identify you (poster, table cloth, or sign) to students at your table.|
Looking Ahead to Summer 2023
Consideration for Early Registration Available
This past summer was the first year we did the Velocity Summer Internship Program! As many as 42 students and 20 local businesses participated which was such a success! Our internship program will be back for Summer 2023. This opportunity is open to all Vista high school juniors *who will be graduating the following school year 2023-24.*
- The program is funded by a grant from the City of Vista.
- Students must live in Vista or attend a Vista high school.
- 100 hour paid internship ($16/hr).
- A Work Permit is required for students.
- Transportation assistance is available.
- A signed participation agreement is required.
- Also required: Attendance to a student/business orientation.
If you know a high school junior who is interested, send them this link to get on our early registration mailing list:
|If you are a local business who would like more information, contact Mae: firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Vista Chamber of Commerce | 170 Eucalyptus Ave., Ste. 115, Vista, CA 92084