Vista, CA –The Vista Chamber of Commerce and the Vista Education Foundation present the 11th Annual Heroes of Vista Gala on Friday, March 18, 2022 4:00 p.m. at The Vistonian 306 S. Santa Fe Ave.. Celebrating excellence in education, business, public safety and more.
Vista Mayor Judy Ritter will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for having served 23 years for the City of Vista.
Enjoy the evening celebrating our community with awards, hors d’oeuvres, and great company! Immediately following the Heroes of Vista event, local restaurants will be offering special dinner packages for your enjoyment.
Get Your Tickets Now!
Heroes of Vista Finalists
- Lifetime Achievement Award -Judy Ritter
- Sheriff of the Year -Deputy Elizabeth Curtis
- Deputy Wesley Hatfield
- Firefighter of the Year -Joseph Denhalter
- Veteran of the Year -George R. Monty, Jr., USMC retired
- Nick Ljubic Chamber Champion -David Zumaya
- Healthcare Hero of the Year – Jenessa French, Nursing Administrative Supervisor, Tri-City Medical Center
Businessperson of the Year
- Julie Lowen – Children’s Paradise
- Hector Prado – Vista Soccer Club
- Zeke Corley – Bill Corley Insurance Agency/Network One Insurance
New Business of the Year
- Best Pizza & Brew
- Misadventure & Co.
- Barrel & Stave Pour House
Non-Profit of the Year
- Shadowridge Senior Living
- Vista Elks Lodge
- Alta Vista Botanical Gardens
Small Business of the Year
- Direct Professional Cleaning Service
- Mohnacky Animal Hospital of Vista
- GoBeRewarded Marketing Agency
Vista Unified School District Awardees
- Administrator of the Year – Jeremy Walden – Mission Vista High School Principal
- Classified Person of the Year -Veronica “Cardie” Edgar – Mission Meadows Elementary School Librarian
- Technology Educator of the Year -Lauralee Juliano – Mission Vista High School CTE Instructor
- Art Educator of the Year – Zachary Squibb – Madison Middle School Band Director
Healthcare Person of the Year
• Marie Bojorquez – Vista Academy of Visual and Performing Arts School Counselor