David Workman, PER Communications Chairman -As you are probably aware, an Elks lodge runs on the support of its membership, and our lodge is no different. What you may not know is that we are in great need when it comes to staffing volunteer and paid positions.
Please consider serving even just a few hours each month. It would help us out a great deal. You would be helping your fellow members and the community at the same time.
We have three urgent needs where you may be able to help us:
1. Lodge Secretary: Part Time with a stipend
2. Lodge Clerk: Minimal Hours; volunteer position
3. Sunday Morning Chefs: volunteer position.
Here are some additional areas where you could help…
- Becoming a Lodge Officer
- Serving on the Americanism Committee
- Assisting with Patriotic Activities
- Serving on the Membership Committee
- Serving on the Lodge Activities Committee
- Assisting with Veterans Services Programs
- Serving on the Youth Activities Committee
- Serving on the Drug Awareness Committee
- Serving on the Hoop Shoots Committee
- Serving on the Auditing and Accounting Committee
- Serving on the Communications Committee
- Serving on the Public Relations Committee
- Serving on the Government Relations Committee
If any of these areas sound like a possible fit, please reply to this email ASAP. I will personally follow up with you. You can also reach me via my contact information below.
Your thoughtful consideration is very much appreciated!
David Workman, PER
Im retired. Not an elks member but would like to be and would like to volunteer maybe serving veterans.