Vista, CA –Health rules permitting, The Vista Historical Society annual meeting and Hall of Fame induction postponed from 2020 because of the pandemic will be held at the Shadowridge Country Club at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 15, 2021. Members of the board of directors will be installed and 2020 Vista Hall of Fame members will be honored. Because of the pandemic no new Hall of Fame members were elected in 2021.
Elected to the Hall of Fame in 2020 were Ron Holloway, Ted Huntalas, Bainbridge and Nancy Larkin, Jim and Carlotta Malone, Marty Miller, and Mary Regan.
Ron Holloway, a civil engineer by profession, is known as one of the founders of Alta Vista Gardens and one of its chief strategists over the years. He and other dedicated volunteers have made the gardens what they are today. Ted Huntalas was born and raised in Vista and lived at Rancho Minerva for most of his life. As well as farming at the ranch he was noted realtor developer. Bainbridge and Nancy Larkin lived in Vista for many years. He was a practicing dentist and both he and Nancy participated in the civic life of Vista. They were known for their encouragement of music in the schools and creating Valley Fort on the way to Fallbrook. Jim and Carlotta Malone, both teachers, are known for their assistance at the Moonlight Amphitheater from its beginning, she in costumes and he in set construction. Marty Miller is well-known as the coach of the little league baseball team that went all the way the to final two in the little League world series. He is also a Director of the Vista Irrigation District, local contractor and civic activist. Mary Regan has long been known as a civic activist. She has been on the boards of many philanthropic organizations as well as City commissions. She is long known as the force that brought the San Diego Symphony to the Moonlight Amphitheatre.
The annual meeting is open to Vista Historical Society & Museum members and all interested area residents.
The menu for the luncheon includes:
- CLASSIC COBB SALAD – Chopped Romaine + Apple Smoked Bacon Tomatoes + Hard Boiled Egg + Avocado + Blue Cheese on the side – Grilled Chicken Breast + Assorted Dressing
- CLASSIC CHEESE BURGER – Fire-Grilled Angus Burger + American cheese Lettuce + Tomato + Onion -Pickle Spear -Side of French fries
- ARTICHOKE CHICKEN – Chardonnay Sauce + Mushrooms -Rice pilaf and Seasonal Veggies and Organic Mixed Greens Salad – Baby Greens + Dried Cranberries Toasted Almonds + Blue Cheese- White Wine Vinaigrette
- GRILLED ATLANTIC SALMON – Mango-Papaya Relish -Rice pilaf and Seasonal Veggies and Organic Mixed Greens Salad -Baby Greens + Dried Cranberries Toasted Almonds + Blue Cheese -White Wine Vinaigrette
- DESSERT -Cookies without nuts/Brownies with nuts
Reservations for the luncheon and meeting are required, at a cost of $40 per person, and may be obtained by phoning the Vista Historical Society office at (760) 630-0444, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, from our Web Site, Vistahistoricalsociety.com, or by letter to P.O. Box 1032, Vista, CA 92085-1032. The deadline for reservations is Thursday, May 6. 2021. Reservations made for the 2020 annual meeting have been transferred to the 2021 meeting.