Vista, CA -The Vista Historical Society Annual Meeting and Hall of Fame induction will be held at the Shadowridge Country Club at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2023. Members of the board of directors will be installed and 2023 Vista Hall of Fame members will be honored.
Elected to the Hall of Fame in 2023 are: Cathy Brendel, Dr. Dave Cowles, Alan “Spike” Harvey, Randall Hickman and Doug Davis, Pat and Connie Hubbard, Frank Trotta, and the first Board of Directors of the Vista irrigation District 1923.
• Cathy Brendel worked for the Parks and Recreation Department in the City of Vista for 30 years and was a large part of the effort create the Moonlight Amphitheater.
• Dr. David Cowles was long time superintendent of the Vista Unified School District as well as a city of Vista councilman he was behind many of the improvements in the district.
• Alan “Spike” Harvey is a lifelong Vista resident and businessman he has also helped out in many local organizations.
• Randall Hickman and Doug Davis have run programs for years teaching the Arts to the youth of Vista they’re also well-known local actors and owners of the Broadway Theater.
Pat and Connie Hubbard have lived in Vista since the 1950’s. Owners of Hubbard’s Meats as well as practicing real estate they have been active members of the community for many years.
• Dr. Frank Trotta was the first cardiologist at Tri-City Hospital. He served the Vista Community until his death in 1990. T•-The first Board of the Vista Irrigation District in 1923 were the ones responsible for creating the district that brought water and prosperity to the Vista community. The board consisted of Chester D. Gunn, George S Henry, Harry S. Merriam, F. J. Knight and Jules J Delpy who is already a member of the Hall of Fame in his own right.
The annual meeting is open to Vista Historical Society & Museum members, and all interested area residents.
The menu for the event is:
CLASSIC COBB SALAD
Chopped Romaine + Apple Smoked Bacon • Tomatoes + Hard Boiled Egg + Avocado + Blue Cheese on the side • Grilled Chicken Breast + Assorted Dressing
Chardonnay Sauce + Mushrooms • Rice pilaf and Seasonal Veggies And Organic Mixed Greens Salad Baby Greens + Dried Cranberries • Toasted Almonds + Blue Cheese -White Wine Vinaigrette
GRILLED ATLANTIC SALMON
Mango-Papaya Relish • Rice pilaf and Seasonal Veggies And Organic Mixed Greens Salad, Baby Greens + Dried Cranberries Toasted Almonds + Blue Cheese and White Wine Vinaigrette
Cookies without nuts/Brownies with nuts
Reservations for the luncheon and meeting are required, at a cost of $50 per person, and may be obtained by phoning the Vista Historical Society office at (760) 630-0444, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, from our Web Site, Vistahistoricalsociety.com, or by letter to P.O. Box 1032, Vista, CA 92085-1032. The deadline for reservations is Friday April 28, 2023.